Go back
HK$ 0 0

No products

Sign in
Menu
HK$ 0
0

No products

Cradock Peak Pinot Noir 2015

JH Meyer Wines
Cradock Peak Pinot Noir

We love this because...

Only just over 700 bottles of this wine were produced and we have over 10% of that exclusively for Hong Kong. What justifies making a wine in such tiny quantities? Well here it’s access to a tiny, incredible vineyard hidden high in the Outeniqua Mountains which produces tiny yields of grapes. The resulting wine is both perfumed and powerful with incredible structure.

Read more

We love this because...

Only just over 700 bottles of this wine were produced and we have over 10% of that exclusively for Hong Kong. What justifies making a wine in such tiny quantities? Well here it’s access to a tiny, incredible vineyard hidden high in the Outeniqua Mountains which produces tiny yields of grapes. The resulting wine is both perfumed and powerful with incredible structure.

HK$ 300
Home > Our wines > Red wines > Cradock Peak Pinot Noir

Flavour profile

Complexity (C): 80
Acidity (A): 80
Body (B): 40
Tannin (T): 40
Fruit (F): 40

Tasting notes

Coffee Plum Raspberry Tobacco

Pair this wine with...

Cheese Japanese Lamb Soy sauce

The story

Wine type

Perfumed structured red.

100% Pinot Noir.

11 months aging in old oak.

Region

Outeniqua

South Africa

Bottle alcohol content

75cl

12.5%

The wine

Cradock Peak is the smallest production of the three JH Meyer Pinot Noirs in 2015 with only just over 700 bottles produced (3 barrels worth) and stylistically it is the most structured of the three wines with an incredible combination of highly floral, perfumed fruit with a firm, full tannic structure that serious age-ability. The route of this incredible combination is the vineyard itself located in the Outeniqua Mountains, way out of the way of the traditional wine growing regions. Planted out in 1997 at 880m on clay loam soils the vines are now reaching a really interesting age and have been farmed organically since 2013. Harvest is done by hand first thing in the morning to preserve freshness and the grapes are then transported back to the winery.

Once in the winery, they are split into two separate components with 70% of the fruit undergoing intra-berry (carbonic) maceration with the other 30% fermented conventionally using 100% whole clusters. Only native yeasts are used and all of the components are given an extended maceration of 22 days after ferment to build tannic structure and elegance. 11 months aging in old oak follows with the entire time on the gross lees, prior bottling unfined and unfiltered.

The producer

Johan ‘Stompie’ Meyer has rightly received recognition as one of the most exciting...

Learn more about them

Be the first one to review this wine!

Review a wine

Review a wine

You are reviewing as
Rating*:
Review*:
Select a mood*:

Earn 20% off with
every purchase.

Where are the special offers and case discounts you ask? 
 
Well here at Bottle Shock we like to do things a little bit differently - we simply offer you a 20% rebate on all orders over $800.

Place your order today and then - BOOM -  20% back which you decide how and when to use - it's a reward that works around you.

That's it. I'm convinced