Go back
HK$ 0 0

No products

Sign in
Menu
HK$ 0
0

No products

Palmiet Pinot Noir 2015

JH Meyer Wines
Palmiet Pinot Noir

We love this because...

This is another delicious Pinot Noir, exclusive to Bottle Shock, that just shows there is life outside of Burgundy for Hong Kong's Pinot fans. Brimful of bright fresh red fruit and sappy tannins it has brilliant concentration wrapped in an elegant package.

Read more

We love this because...

This is another delicious Pinot Noir, exclusive to Bottle Shock, that just shows there is life outside of Burgundy for Hong Kong's Pinot fans. Brimful of bright fresh red fruit and sappy tannins it has brilliant concentration wrapped in an elegant package.

HK$ 260
Home > Our wines > Red wines > Palmiet Pinot Noir

Flavour profile

Complexity (C): 80
Acidity (A): 80
Body (B): 40
Tannin (T): 20
Fruit (F): 40

Tasting notes

Cherry Raspberry Soil Spices

Pair this wine with...

Casserole Duck Meatballs Thai

The story

Wine type

Bright, juicy red.

100% Pinot Noir.

Aged 11 months in old oak.

Region

Elgin

South Africa

Bottle alcohol content

75cl

12.5%

The wine

Elgin is an incredible grape-growing region - to get there you climb from the relatively low lying areas around Somerset West up via St Lowry’s Pass into the Hottentots-Holland Mountains. The temperature drops and the landscape becomes noticeably greener – this marks ideal growing conditions for cool climate grape varieties like Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Riesling. In the case of this Pinot from Stompie, the grapes come from a single site at 320m altitude planted out in 2000 on shale over Table Mountain Sandstone. The vineyard has been farmed organically since 2013 and produces low yields of beautifully concentrated fruit.

After hand harvesting into small cases first thing in the morning the grapes are transferred to the winery. Here they are separated into two parcels – one, representing 70% of the yield, undergoes carbonic maceration and the other 30% is fermented traditionally with 100% whole bunches used.  After ferment is completed it is given an extra 22 days on the skins before pressing to further build the structure of the wine. The finished wine, as per all of the range, is bottled without fining or filtration.

The producer

Johan ‘Stompie’ Meyer has rightly received recognition as one of the most exciting...

Learn more about them

Be the first one to review this wine!

Review a wine

Review a wine

You are reviewing as
Rating*:
Review*:
Select a mood*:

Earn 20% off with
every purchase.

Where are the special offers and case discounts you ask? 
 
Well here at Bottle Shock we like to do things a little bit differently - we simply offer you a 20% rebate on all orders over $800.

Place your order today and then - BOOM -  20% back which you decide how and when to use - it's a reward that works around you.

That's it. I'm convinced